Pumpernickel, my Candian-Ukrainian friend who has taught me more about Canadian politics than I ever thought I’d know, with some random pumpernickel recipes thrown in (but none for a while, Pumpernickel! hint hint).
And Sam, my friend in Austraya who’s building a house and has two kids, with another on the way (yeh, so, the builders are building the house, but still..! Brave Sam, and nice looking house).
Here’s the tag:
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here are 8 random things about Little Miss Moi (that’s me):
1. Mr Moi and I recently had my father- and mother-in-law, AND my sister-in-law, come to stay in our cozy two-roomed (not bedroom… ROOMS. Period) apartment
2. I am on deadline for a job (voluntary) – my edits of a 350 page book are due in a week and I’m nowhere near finishing
3. Did I mention the in-laws were here? And we have a small apartment? They drink a lot of tea
4. The summer is so lovely that I have been enjoying the sun, a little too much. Combined with number 3 above, hasn’t left much time for blogging
5. The IN-LAWS were here. THREE of them! When they all had a nap, Mr Moi and I had no choice but to leave the apartment and go to the pub. There were no rooms for us to inhabit. No option but the pub, I tell you…
6. This isn’t about me, but who I’m married to. Mr Moi was in L’viv for a conference on Monday night when the train tipped over. He got evacuated last night (by his work, not the government) because there are high-30s temperatures expected in Ukraine for the next who-knows-how-long, and phosphorous (which was what the train was carrying) can combust at 40 degrees. With 50 of his colleagues on the bus, he drank some vodka and tried to sleep to be fresh faced when he arrived in Kyiv this morning. This didn’t work and now he looks like a zombie…
7. When the in-laws were here, my parents-in-law slept in our bedroom, my SIL on the couch in the living room, and Mr Moi and I on our camping mattress on the living room floor. The in-laws’ suitcases almost didn’t fit into the apartment
8. The heat is back. It’s going to be 38 degrees tomorrow and you know what that means? A few drinks in the park in the afternoon! Let me know if you’re coming along.
So that’s it. I know. Crap-a-roonie.
So without further ado (adieu? What is that saying?), here is the person that I would tag:
But every post of his contains 8 (x 10) random facts, so I thought him overqualified.
So I will tag the following people, but they have to comment on specific things:
- enidd – Can you share with us the eight random things you miss about Kyiv?
- beccy – Can you share with us the eight most random things you have cooked or eaten?
- Mind the Gap – Can you share with us the eight most random tree hugging tendencies you have that we can adopt?
- Elena the devoushka – Can you share with us the eight most random things dyevushkas do to exert their dyevushka power on the street?