Sam at Chattering On tagged me to do the following MeMe that’s been doing the rounds. Hopefully I won’t lose interest by the end of the MeMe because it’s a long one that involves something about maths (there’s some preamble about three sqaured and three cubed and by golly, I’m confused already. I’m just not a maths person!)
So here we go.
Objects within one metre of moi…
1. My computer and mouse. The computer is on my lap, contributing to some rather sexy permanent varicose veins there. I’m discovering that veins like heat. Luckily, since being fixed, the computer isn’t as hot now. The mouse is on the couch next to me, on its mouse-pad – which is actually a mini Australia coffee table picture book
2. Two beer glasses from last night when Mr Moi and I watched a movie and enjoyed a pivo at the same time
3. The brand new big dining table that the landlords delivered at the same time they delivered the air conditioner and the bookshelf. Nice landlords!
First names of three people I sat next to at school
1. Louisa. We were inseparable in high school. Now she’s a teacher, I hope her kids don’t chat as much as we did
2. Joshua. I sat next to him in grade 4 and he constantly sang the jingle from the Nescafe as, which drove me nuts. I dobbed on him once, but the teacher said he was within his rights to sing if he wanted to
3. Bridget. She was the smartest girl in our class, and when I sat next to her in grade three, we got very competitive. For a while, I was number two (not because I cheated, but because I’m lazy and need motivation. This was good motivation).
Programmes I wont watch
1. A Current Affair / Today Tonight
2. A Current Affiar / Today Tonight
Favourite Trivial Pursuit categories
Superpowers I’d like to have
1. Flying – so I could go back to Australia whenever I wanted, never minding the $2500 airfare
2. Photographic memory – so I can just read or see something and remember it forever
3. Endless energy – cause then I’d probably do some of the stuff that I’m usually too lazy to do.
Newspapers, magazines or periodicals I read regularly
1. Delicious – Australian food magazine that Nat arranged to be delivered to me here. Thanks Nat!
2. smh.com.au – I like to keep in touch with what’s happening in Sydney. I just wish they’d update their content a bit more – but Fairfax is having lots of staff issues. PAY THEM MORE, FAIRFAX!
3. news.com.au – Well, News Ltd dominates newspapers in Australia and while I hate their right wing views, I have no alternative when I have a daily news habit that needs to be fed!
Songs you dislike
I’m not much for disliking songs per se, so I’ll write down the genres I don’t like…
1. Australian hip hop. Triple J started playing a lot of Aussie Hip Hop in recent years and I’m sorry, but it just sounds shit. Really, hip hop has an American accent, not an Australian one
2. ‘Classic Rock’. No, I’m not talking about cool 50s stuff here, I’m referring to pretty much anything Triple M plays. I hate Triple M (but I do like some of the songs they play. I just hate those boozy pub ballads)
3. Thrash metal. I can dig some heavy metal, but thrash just loses me altogether.
Blog posts of your own that you’d recommend
This is a bit self-gratifying. I’m totally into it! Hmm… Not sure which blog posts I’d recommend though, they’re all pretty mediocre.
So I’m leaving it to you guys. Please tell me which of my blog posts have lighted your life and made you swoon?
(You don’t have to find it, you can just say “the time you said blah di blah”..)
Thanks for reading!
I won’t tag anyone except Enidd, because I want to know what her new house looks like and what goodies she’s been buying from Real Shops.